Here’s your chance to access writing technique information sheets. They contain an explanation of the terminology on the topic, writing exercises, and reference material for extra information. The workshop plans can also be used for group exercises.
- Imagery – Show Don’t Tell
- Metaphor, Simile and Cliche – Assimilate or Avoid?
- Point of View (POV) – An Interesting Perspective
- Dialogue and Genre – Who Said That?
- Characterisation – Who Do You Think You Are?
- Literary Action – A Conflicted Character’s Crisis
- Hook, Line, and Narrative
- Assonance, Alliteration, Rhythm, Resonance, and Rhyme
- Fiction: Prose and Poetry
- Non-Fiction: Articles, Essays, & Being Creative
- Ethics, Plagiarism & Copyright
- Stretching Your Literary Muscles – Writing Exercises
Consider using units for your electives or completing a major or a minor in these areas. Discuss your options with the School of Media, Culture and Creative Arts in room 208.428 or call them on +61 8 9266 7140. For more information about our Writing Workshops, please don’t hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.